Firstly Happy New Year – Hope you had fun bringing in the new year! The Hubby and I saw the new year in watching Deadpool 2 and then the fireworks on TV! In bed by 12:20am! Rock ‘n’ roll!
So, like a lot of my blog posts, this started life as an Instagram caption but got rather lengthy so it graduated to being my first (unplanned) blog post of 2019! Woo!
I downloaded my Best Nine Instagram posts of 2018, ready for that to be my first Instagram post of 2019 (it’ll now be the second instead) wishing everyone Happy New Year but what struck me was that the posts that did the best were those that were open, honest, communication from me – either sharing a truth about me and my anxiety, celebrating a success or just showing gratitude!
Though I had many highlights from 2018 – I think these nine photos have been a great way for me to focus on a few of them and just show my utter appreciation and gratitude for everything I’ve gained from last year – be it physically or mentally! And also an opportunity for me to publicly say Thank You to those who have been there to support me, guide me, motivate me, just being there for me during 2018 – you know who you are (I hope) and I love and value you more than words can say! I just hope you felt that I was there for you too!
So here you go, a brief rundown of my nine best Instagram posts…
1. TRUTH – discussing my anxiety and that I’m an oversharing, fiercely loyal and intense friend, but remember I am always here for you! This post was so random for the number of likes, it obviously struck a chord with a lot of people – I usually get between 30/50 likes on a post, but this one just went crazy and is currently on 411 and I’m still getting likes on it! ☺️❤️ Now if someone could just tell me what I did and why it did so well, that would be great…
Posted: 2nd September 2018
Likes: 411 (And counting – why!?!)
2. FLYING FEET WITH FITBIT – These were the photos provided for the Shoreditch 10k by Adidas City Runs – and this particular 10km has a lot meaning for me as I was invited by Fitbit to take part as part of their team, which was an amazing experience! It was also my first sub-hour 10km and I was gifted a Fitbit Ionic which I love! ❤️
Posted: 25th October 2018
Likes: 87 – a slight drop in like numbers from the first place post! Haha!
3. VITALITY LONDON 10000 – My first 10km as a Danson Runner and the reason I actually joined them, so I would start running more regularly – not only has joining them helped improve my running, pace and general enjoyment of running, I’ve also made life long friends! Feel such joy when I wear the DR orange! 🏃🏻♀️🧡
Posted: 28th May 2018
4. BODY CONFIDENCE – where I finally wore a bikini on the beach, but more than that I was talking about body confidence and how we should all be proud of our bodies and celebrate them not berate them!
Posted: 7th August 2018
5. SURPRISE SUB HOUR 10K – this was the Adidas City Run Shoreditch 10k and the reason it was a surprise sub hour 10k was right from the beginning of the run my calf/Achilles hurt really badly! Never had that before but it was so bad that at the 4km marker I actually had to stop and stretch so I was totally thrilled that even with this and the rest of the run being rather painful coming in at under an hour – 00:58:12. I had the time and date etched on a plaque and attached to the medal! You need to celebrate these little successes in life and give yourself that pat on the back!
Posted: 16th October 2018
6. TBT – So a Throwback Thursday post! This photo shows me in the same dress but how different (and healthier) I now look – thanks to a better diet and also exercise, developing muscle and looking fuller. I also discuss Ikigai – finding a job that is my passion, mission, vocation and profession and something I’m eternally grateful for every damn day!
Posted: 17th May 2018
7. TATT IT AGAIN – This photo makes me smile so much as does the tattoo itself! This is me literally wearing my heart on my sleeve! Love love love this tattoo designed for me by Hunnypiedeadtattoo – it’s just beautiful and the reason behind it all means everything to me! I love it so much I wrote a blog post about it – but quick synopsis – each little icon represents something I do to help me cope with my anxiety! Usually, I wait two years between tattoos – this was done only 4 months after my beloved Phoenix and already want more… Oops…
Posted: 22nd November 2018
8. SHOREDITCH 10KM – seems to be a common theme amongst these photos and Shoreditch… Haha! Just showing my appreciation for being part of #TeamFitbit for the Adidas City Run even if it was a bit rainy!
Posted: 14th October 2018
9. I JUST RAN – appreciating an unplanned run! Sometimes you just have to go out there and see where your legs take you!
Posted: 20th August 2018
So there you have it (if you’re still with me) a brief glance at some of the things that I did and learnt during 2018 – it was quite a year with lots of self-discovery! Here’s to a bigger and even better 2019…
Do you have anything that you’re particularly proud of or a learning moment from 2018 that you want to share? Let me know in the comments 🙂 xxx