I thought the blog post by Love From Clueless Mum was very inspiring, so thanks to her (and her inspiration mr and mrs t plus three) here’s my list, in no particular order, of 50 things that make me happy…
1. My children when they play nicely together – the laughter is lovely to hear even if I’m thinking at the back of my mind “this is probably going to end in tears!”
2. Taking photos – my Nikon D60 was my first baby, it was bought the October the year before the Pink One was born – I love taking photos, I take far too many, and when I find time I like to put my favourite ones on Redbubble – you can find my images here and I’ve written a post on some of my photography which you can find here.
3. Singing – it is a great stress reliever, I am a member of a choir too. You can hear some of my singing on YouTube if you wish and I have also sung on some of my audio blog posts
4. Studying with the Open University – it’s been one of the most challenging things I have done, but also very rewarding and opened up other opportunities I could never have foreseen
5. Beautiful blue skies on a cold crisp winter day
6. Running – as an anxiety sufferer this has been great for my mentality and the subject of my first ever blog post! It’s even more enjoyable when I go with friends – Helen and Kay have been marvellous at supporting and encouraging me.
7. Big family gatherings
8. Seeing a Robin redbreast – it just feels significant to me
9. Seeing my friends succeed – that in itself is inspiring
10. Seeing my Social Media presence grow
11. Blogging – when you finish a particularly good post (in your opinion) and it’s taken quite a lot of work, there’s nothing quite as satisfying as hitting publish
12. Reading someone else’s blog and thinking what a fab post (and realising it’s not just me! Lovely not to feel alone especially when it comes to this parenting malarkey!)
13. My 100 Days Style Challenge (especially painting my nails!!!) – which I will be writing a separate post on (at some point! So much going on – need more hours in the day!!!) – but I was inspired by Kat Henry (links to her Blog and Instagram) who in turn was inspired by Kathryn (links to her Blog and Instagram) – amazing women!
14. Nights out with my mummy friends that I have known since the birth of the Pink One
15. Writing down the funny things my children say or mispronunciation of words – these are currently on my phone, but I am gradually transferring them into a book which I am handwriting that they can have when they grow up! (think I have about 2 years worth to write up for both of them!!! haha!!!)
16. Sitting on the sofa with my hubby and watching some crap TV or a film
17. Actually managing to go on a date night or day with my hubby
18. As much as I love my kids nothing brings a smile to my face as to when they go for a sleepover at nanny and granddads!!!
19. Getting an assignment for the OU submitted
20. Getting the result of assignment back (when it’s a good one!)
21. Starting and finishing a creative project that I’ve seen on Pinterest, or come up with myself, even if it takes me a over a year!!! One example I blogged about you can find here!
22. Seeing my kids facing when they see the birthday cake I have made for them, regardless of the sleepless night and tears that have gone into it… I’ve posted blogs about the Pink Ones cake and the Blue Ones cake and the amazing Sister who helps me!
23. Christmas – we love this festive season as a family and we probably go overboard, but the expressions on the kids faces makes it all worth while
24. The fact my Blue One is out of nappies during the day!
25. Getting to have one-on-one time with each of my children
26. When you email a company and they are actually very helpful – in the latest instance Sistema, the makers of the water bottles we use, I let them know that even with careful cleaning the bottles lids smelt of stagnant water and they posted me some new lids with no fuss whatsoever
27. My self designed tattoo – a tribute to my kids, if you look in the wings you can see their first initials A and a J – this is on my left thigh and I love it! Again, I designed it and then waited a year before I had it done. It was actually a major stepping stone in my struggle with anxiety! What really helped was my phenomenal tattoo artist! I had it done at Jesters Tattoos in New Eltham, and my artist was Manda!
28. Getting an unexpected compliment
29. When my husband takes holiday time off work – love us all being together as a family (and it means its not just me telling the kids off)
30. When the kids do something the first time I ask – I also think this would make me faint as it does not happen often (if at all)!!!
31. When Stephen Amell personally liked a Facebook message I posted to him!!!
32. The smell of clean washing
33. Warm sunny days where you can just be lazy
34. The ‘dates’ I have with my Blue One in the Morrisons café – used to do this with my Pink One as well before she started school.
35. Getting a good bargain – regardless of what it is I am buying – it could be cleaning products to some lovely new clothes – a bargain is a bargain!
36. Watching my children sleep (they can’t answer me back when they are asleep) they look so angelic
37. The look on my Pink One’s face when she got a note from the Tooth Fairy for her first lost baby tooth (you can see the tinyletter in the photo of them sleeping above)
38. My kids excitement when Father Christmas has been
39. Developing my logo/brand for Jog on Mum
40. Having a lie in
41. Getting breakfast in bed
42. Getting my hair cut and coloured – I love it so much and afterwards I feel like me again! I have the best hairdresser!
43. Hearing my children say “I love you mummy, you’re the best” – I may not actually be the best mummy but to them I am so that’s all that matters! *grumble* *moan*
44. My tummy not being bloated and uncomfy at the end of the day – blooming IBS, still not great and I have been following a low FODMAP diet since February!!!
45. A long hot shower without my small people for company (also in that line, going to the loo on my own too!)
46. Snow days with the kids
47. Days out at Brighton with the family, walking on the pier, playing dolphin derby and eating hot doughnuts! My hubby proposed to me on Brighton pier so it’s extra sentimental to me!
48. A lovely hot cup of tea – not one that has been reheated in the microwave for the umpteenth time, or left in there, or half drunk in a rush in the morning, one that you can savour as you watch some TV, read a book or are reading a particularly good blog post – ahhhh, bliss! Sometimes it really is the little things in life – the thought of this is just making me smile!
49. Looking through all my photos and videos (particularly ones of the kids) I could lose hours if not days to doing this!!!
50. People reading my blog, liking it and getting comments!!! It’s definitely a good ego booster!!! 🙂
It’s been nice to write a positive improve your mood kind of post, and 50 is quite a large number, really makes you think and sometimes you’ll be surprised that it really is the little things in life that make you happiest – such as that hot cup of tea or the sound of your children laughing – what would be on your list?
Comment below and please share this post – it would be much appreciated!