Today was one of those annoyingly frustrating days, for a number of reasons:
- You realise you forgot that you had a 30 day free trial and it had finished and suddenly you’ve spent £16
- The part of the module you’re doing, the book you’ve been supplied with has numerous errors and you have to cross check it with the errata list.
- Your phone bill, for some reason unknown to man, is double what it usually is! (Did managed to get some credit back from Three, so not all bad)
- You hear a clunking at your front door, so run to see a ‘You weren’t home’ thingy had been posted through, so opened the door and say to the delivery person, who’s walking back to their van ‘did you ring the doorbell?’ to which he replies ‘I tried’ – apparently! He’d thrown my parcel over the gate – ‘It’ll be fine, it’s completely sealed’- but still, it was torrential rain, so not overly impressed! (It’s a Joe Browns parcel, yay! – I have a new top, which I am not trying on until tomorrow, because the day I’ve had, it probably won’t fit!)
- Plus I was studying all day… Acronyms were doing my head in!
So I was extremely happy my Boxercise class was back on this evening so that I could vent some of this frustration!
More information can be found on Foxlee Fitness Facebook page all run by the lovely Michelle Fox! Come on, you know you want to!
Tonight’s session was brutal! There was:
- Glove and pads work – jabs followed by squat jumps – intervals of 5, 10, 15 and 20
Then hooks followed by jumping jacks – intervals of 5, 10, 15 and 20
Then medium height uppers followed by jumps into a squat and touch the floor – 20 of each
Finally for this part lower height uppers followed by squats with a double jump
- Then we had a set of skipping, squats into a lift with 1kg weights and step ups onto a bench – first time each interval was 30 seconds and then repeated for 1 minute each
- A new one for this evening, some floor work with a chair, lifting legs above, below and to the side (there’s some rather unflattering videos of me at the end of this post…)
- Then some additional floor work – push ups, push up position and twist and push up to plank position (I struggled on this one!)
- Then time to cool down and stretch.
- All done in the Buff! haha!
That was one intense work out but so what I needed, awesome class and a good end to week one of Janathon!
Week One Round Up
Kilometres Run: 16.48
Kilometres Walked: 26.27
Steps Taken: 71,166
Leg Lifts: 20
Boxercise Class: 1
Seriously very unflattering videos – what I do to myself for Janathon!!! You have been warned!!!